AN ACT to amend the Social Security Act 1977 (No.13 of 1977) and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.
SAINT CHRISTOPHER AND NEVIS
THE SOCIAL SECURITY (AMENDMENT) ACT, 1988
BE IT ENACTED by the Queen Most Excellent Majesty by and with the advice and consent of the National Assembly of Saint Christopher and Nevis and by the Authority of the same as follows:-
1. This Act may be citied as the Social Security (Amendment) Act 1988 and shall come into operation on such date as may be appointed by the minister by Order published in the Gazette.
2. In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires
principal Act means the Social Security Act 1977.
3. Subsection (1) of section 31 of the principal Act is hereby amended-
(a) by inserting a semicolon at the end of the paragraph beginning with old age : and ending with occupation;
(b) by the addition of the following new paragraph immediately after the paragraph beginning with old age and ending with occupation
Non-contributory invalidity assistance, that is to say, periodical payments to persons of the age 16 to 62 years and who are rendered permanently incapable of work otherwise than as a result of employment injury.
4. Subsection (3) of section 45 hereby amended as follows
(a) by substituting the words six years for the words three months in line 5;
(b) by substituting the words six years for the words twelve months in line 8.
5. Subsection (2) of section 47 is hereby amended by substituting the words six years for the words three years in lines 3 and 4.
6. The Workmens Compensation Act 1955 (Cap 354) shall be deemed to have been with effect form 16th December, 1985