AN ACT to amend the Protection of Wages Act 1967.
STATE OF SAINT CHRISTOPHER, NEVIS AND ANGUILLA
PROTECTION OF WAGES (AMENDMENT)
BE IT ENACTED by the Queens most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the House of Assembly of Saint Christopher, Nevis and Anguilla, and by the authority of the same as follows:-
1. This Act may be cited as the Protection of Wages (Amendment) Act 1972 and shall be read constructed as one with the Protection of Wages Act 1967 hereinafter referred to as the Principal Act.
2. In this Act
Labour Commissioner has the meaning assigned to it in the Labour Ordinance 1966.
Union means a trade union as defined in the Trade Unions Act, [Cap. 853.]
3. The Principal act hereby amended by inserting as Section 29 Immediately after Section 28 thereof the following:-
Deduction of Union Dues Authorised.
29. (1) Notwithstanding any or all of the provisions of the Principal Act it shall by lawful for an employer acting in pursuance of a written agreement made between such employer and a Union bargaining on behalf of the workers employed by such employer to deduct from the wages of any worker an amount representing Union dues or the equivalent thereof.
29. (2) No deduction shall be made in pursuance of the provisions of Subsection (1) hereof unless an agreement made as aforesaid has been signed by or on behalf of the Union and the employer and witnessed by the Labour Commissioner and a copy thereof lodged with the Labour Commissioner.
Repeat of Section 20.
4. Section 20 of the Principal Act is hereby repeated.